November 15, 2004

 

DAG. NABBIT.

i am... SO frustrated. part of my Iro 26 problem was aleviated when the lovely Jen sent me 3 skeins. however... that only furthered my obsession. i only needed 2 of the skeins for the rest of the flower basket chunky shawl... so i started teaching myself entrelac. well... now i HAVE to make an entrelac wrap for my mom, so she and my aunt can match!

so i found 7 skeins on ebay. decend price. someone kept outbidding me, but by 2 hours before the end of the auction, i was only up to $80, which for THIS yarn... is cheap!!

then, LITERALLY 2 seconds before the end of the auction, s omeone else snakes in and outbids. that is SOOOO darn frustrating.

the only other 26 that's available on ebay right now is being sold in a bag of 10, for almost $150, and while still a good price i just cant quite swing THAT.

::grumble:: silly ebay evil-folks.

(no offense, if any of YOU readers were the stealthy iro-buyer. i'm just... eh! i'm sure you can figure out how i'm doing by the general attitude of my blog lately. just one more frustration!)

Comments:
I have *so* been there on the ebay front...but maybe the knitting gods will smile on you and more 26 will show up. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
 
ugh, that sucks. i hate when that happens. stupid ebayers. i shouldn't talk though. my stepdad is a master at it. lol but he doesn't buy yarn, so it wasn't him. ;)
 
I'm guilty of being a "mean bidder" on eBay, but I promise, I didn't get your Iro 26!! I hope you find some at a decent price.

Norma
http://nownormaknits2.typepad.com
 
Hi Alice ...

An eBay trick for you: go to justsnipe.com, and you'll see how someone outbid you. When I bid on eBay, I almost always use justsnipe if I really want something.

Also -- there's a great trick for making entrelac way easier -- google a search for "backward knitting", and you'll see how you can go across 5 sts like normal (stitches move from left to right needle), then you can use the "backyard knitting" method to essentially purl, only from the right side facing, so you'll be backward knitting the stitches from right to left needle. There's a video out there that shows this, and it's much easier than turning the work every 5 sts or so.

Good luck!
Jenifer
http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com
 
For your info, this is a new service for sellers to find buyers on eBay: http://www.tobayornottobay.com Please feel free to delete this comment if you wish. Thanks!
 
For your info, this is a new service for sellers to find buyers on eBay: http://www.tobayornottobay.com Please feel free to delete this comment if you wish. Thanks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?