February 20, 2006
tonight i'm grateful...
- in new jersey, a toppled gas tanker led to a neighborhood being evacuated, as gasoline spilled into the sewage system.
- in brooklyn a fire left several homeless tonight.
- in upstate new york and in maine, many entire towns are without lights and services wont be resumed until at as late as wednesday.
all of these poor folks are taking shelter in the nearby schools and shelters. i suppose its a good thing there's no school tomorrow...
February 19, 2006
my darling secret pal, i hope you dont think i've been neglecting you. i truly havent. i've actually been enjoying the trinkets you sent me a GREAT deal... perhaps a bit too much, as obviously i've neglected posting about the delightful things you sent me.
- the altered books... book? delightful! there's gonna be a used-book masacre soon.
the old photos tucked in with the book? amazing! they'll be framed artfully. what ever inspired you to tuck those in? i'm in love!
- the tiny stuffed flower? i stuck a pin back on it, its living on my purse.
the body spray? cucumber mellon is a LONG time favorite of mine, and its even boy-aproved!
- the stitch markers, pure genious. i was in desperate need, i lose those things like its my job.
- the lornas laces sock yarn? in WISTERIA? my favorite flower? i'm actually getting a wisteria blossom tattood on my leg next week, that tells you just how spot on that was.
- the lornas laces bullfrogs and... something... in the MOST PERFECT firey (yellows, oranges and reds) colorway. nothing better. i cant figure out the perfect pattern for that stuff yet, but it'll come to me.
to note, this is the first time i've ever physically laid hands on lorna's laces. worth the wait ;)
if i can get the camera to work with the computer one of these days, i'll go back and edit this post to include them. we're in peace talks right now, i'll let you know how it goes.
wrapped up in the excitement
i could, but it wouldnt be true.
ok so it WAS true for the first two or three days. i cast on with the opening ceremonies, i knit furiously through the first few events saturday and sunday... and then...
i'm not even going to show you.
picture cascade 220, green/teal color, two XO cables running up the front, some waist shaping done. i'm realizing i may have started the waist shaping too soon, causing the waist to land unatractively on my widest parts. so this may all be ripped out anyway.
oh well, i'm disgustingly optimistic about this! hehe. i'll see you all at the finish line!
February 04, 2006
you guys are just too much!
and marti, by the way, if i had a way to resize photo's i'd show you right now... but i want you to know that while i was reading your comment about possibly being allergic to your socks... i was wearing your socks!
the last post, with the subject "brokeback wha?" DID have an actual post under it... however blogger ate it. i'll probably go back and fix it later, but right now... i have a GUEST BUNNY to attend to.
i've been very lazy about updating you all on what i do now... so i'll make that another post another day.(or maybe just later today if you're lucky.) but in short, we have a lot of rabbits at work, and i took one home for the weekend for a 'test run' with the cats. so far, so good! wish us luck :)